Laboratory of materials testing
The research center, as part of the welding laboratory operating within the Centre of Innovative Laser Technologies (“CITL”), offers a wide range for testing of metal properties and welded joint testing. The laboratory is equipped with modern, high quality computerized testing equipment and allows for a thorough analysis of the results in order to better understand the issues from the field of metallurgy and strength of materials. Many years of staff experience in research within the energy industry allows for providing high standards of professional services.
The mechanical workshop and the metallographic laboratory are equipped with precision technologies for machining, grinding, polishing and analyzing. The laboratory includes independent temperature control in each of the test rooms, which allows for performance tests under constant thermal conditions adhering to industry standards.
The laboratory can perform the following tests:
• Magnetic Particle;
• Liquid Penetrant;
• Fluorescent / color leak detection;
• Gammagraphy (Selenium);
• Wall / coating thickness measurements;
• X-ray Fluorescence
• Metal magnetic memory method;
• Hardness – HV 10 Portable hardness tester.
• 300 J Charpy impact test within: - 70°C to +180°C
• Endurance (30 T machine, 50 mm extensometer):
- Tensile test;
- Bending test;
- Compression tests.
• Metallographic with digital image analysis:
- Microscopic (magnification range: 50x - 500x);
- Macroscopic (magnification range: 4x - 28x).
• Hardness distribution with stationary hardness tester (HV1 - HV30)
The specialized equipment allows for sample performance examinations and for performance testing of materials provided by the customer, if requested.